Professor Musa Abdullahi Mahadi was born on the 22nd January, 1973 at Gwoza town in Gwoza Local Government Area of Borno State. He attended Ahmadu Bello University Staff School from 1979 – 1985 where he obtained a first school leaving certificate. He also attended Demonstration Secondary School Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria between 1985 – 1988 where he obtained a Junior Secondary Certificate of education thereafter he also attended Government Senior Science Secondary School Potiskum, Yobe State between 1988 – 1991 where he obtained a Senior Secondary Certificate of education in 1991.
In his quest for higher education he enrolled into the school of General and Remedial Studies, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1991 and completed a remedial programme in 1992. Professor Mahadi was admitted into the Faculty of Agriculture, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in 1993 where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture in 1999
The history of the Colleges that make up the Division of Agricultural Colleges of Ahmadu Bello University dates back to 1921 when the northern Nigerian Government started a farm training centre at Maigana, at the outskirt of Zaria, in the then Zaria Province. The waxing popularity of agriculture at that early period led to the desire to modernize traditional practices, through the incorporation of new generated researched technologies in training and to introduce the concepts of commercial agriculture. That paved the way for the Centre to be transferred from Maigana to the Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR) Samaru in 1928.
The Farm Training Centre started formal training in 1931 and had its first graduates in 1932 designated as Agricultural Assistants (AA). Students were drawn from within the Northern Province and sponsored by their various Native Authorities. The day-to-day running of the Centre and subsequent improvements of its infrastructures and staffing were totally the responsibility of the Northern Nigerian Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources. This Centre later metamorphosed into the present day Samaru School of Agriculture, which later became the present Samaru College of Agriculture.
|i)||To review the Division's academic brief for efficiency, effectiveness and focus|
|ii)||To develop quality assurance mechanism of our academic programmes|
|iii)||To rehabilitate, upgrade and expand learning and research facilities in the Division|
|iv)||To digitize the Division's libraries, computerize and create databases for all the units in the Division|
|v)||To upgrade staff and students health and welfare facilities|
|vi)||To reform staff development and strengthen capacity building|
|vii)||Collaboration with similar Institutions and industries globally|
|vii)||To establish and maintain entrepreneurial skills acquisition centres as well as develop frame work for market oriented research|
|vii)||To establish public relation unit for advocacy, enlightenment and community services|
|vii)||To strengthen the security systems in the Division|